Meet Con Man Cory Gardner.
National Republican insiders including Karl Rove helped elect far-right Congressman Cory Gardner to the U.S. Senate in 2014–mostly because the frontrunner in that race up to Gardner’s entry, Ken Buck, was far too extreme and out-of-touch to win a statewide election.
The problem? For working families in Colorado, Cory Gardner is as bad or worse.
Gardner is an anti-woman, anti-choice extremist. In 2011, Gardner joined with fellow Congressman Todd Akin to sponsor a bill “redefining” the crime of rape to make it hard for victims to get an abortion. Gardner has voted dozens of times to repeal Obamacare, and says that coverage for pre-existing conditions, one of the most popular components of health care reform, isn’t necessary.
Cory Gardner said he would never vote to raise the debt ceiling unless Social Security and Medicare were drastically cut. Gardner signed a pledge that protects tax cuts for the wealthy and for companies that ship jobs overseas. Gardner repeatedly voted for the Ryan budget, which privatized Medicare, slashed government spending and gave millionaires a huge tax cut. Coloradans want moderate, thoughtful representation in Washington, not an extremist ranked the 10th most conservative member of the U.S. House. But that’s what we’ve got in Cory Gardner today.
Cory Gardner news and action alerts:
- Colorado Republicans Reject Gardner, Call, Turn Hard Right
- Cory Gardner is not a new kind of Republican
- Cory Gardner–that didn’t take long
- Gardner Faces Hard Questions Over Tom Tancredo Ties
- Ahead of the Broncos vs. Chargers Game Today, ProgressNow Colorado Asks, “Is Cory Gardner Catfishing Colorado?”
- ProgressNow Colorado Registers Formal Complaint With Office Of Congressional Ethics Against U.S. Congressman Cory Gardner
- Advisory: Women To Tour Denver TV Stations: Cory Gardner Wrong For Colorado Women
- Cory Gardner: A record that hurts women and families in Colorado
- Video: Cory Gardner confronted over abortion ban contradictions
- Gardner Slipping Fast As Colorado Voters Get To Know Him
- Call For Gardner To Stop Whitewashing Anti-Woman Record
- What Did Cory Gardner Promise The Koch Brothers?
- Call For Gardner To Back Up “Obamascare” Cancellation Story
- Progressives Demand Cory Gardner Stop Lying About Personhood Abortion Bans
- Call For Karl Rove to Take Down Misleading Pro-Gardner Ad